SUGAR-FREE SEPTEMBER FUNDRAISING CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. The Sugar-Free September contest (“Contest”) begins on August 8, 2017 at 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on October 1, 2017 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Contest Period”).
2. Prize - There are three (3) Prizes; one (1) gift basket from Jamieson Vitamins (approximate retail value TBD); one (1) Fitbit Alta HR (approximate retail value $199.99); and one (1) KitchenAid® 10 Piece Tri-Ply Copper Cookware set, Model # KC2PS10CP (approximate retail value $1,299.99). There is one (1) early bird prize; one (1) package of six (6) sauces from Good Food for Good (approximate retail value ($52.00).*
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada, excluding Quebec; be legal age of majority; and have registered online for Sugar-Free September and must have raised a minimum of
$250 online as of October 1, 2017 at 11:59:59 pm ET to be eligible to win the gift basket from Jamieson Vitamins; $500 online as of October 1, 2017 at 11:59:59 pm ET to be eligible to win the Fitbit Altra HR; $1,000 online as of October 1, 2017 at 11:59:59 pm ET to be eligible to win the KitchenAid® 10 Piece Tri-Ply Copper Cookware set, Model # KC2PS10CP.
*To be eligible for the early bird draw, entrant must reside in Ontario. Entrant must have started fundraising online by September 4, 2017 at 11:59 pm ET. Winner will be drawn from eligible contestants September 5, 2017 at approximately 10:00 am ET. All other terms and conditions apply.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Contest without having to register for Sugar-Free September, you must hand-print: 1) your full name, mailing address, email address and telephone number on a 3” x 5” card; 2) 100 word (or more) handwritten unique and original essay on “How I personally can contribute to the fight against cancer.”; 3) signify your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”); and mail these materials in an envelope (with sufficient postage) to: Canadian Cancer Society, 55 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 500, Toronto, Ontario, M4V 2Y7, Attn: Manager, Independent Fundraising Events (a “Mail-in Request”). Mail-in Requests must be postmarked during the Contest Period and must be received, at the latest, by five (5) days of the close of the Contest Period in order to be eligible. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Mail-in Requests become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. If an eligible Mail-in Request is received, the applicable Eligible person will receive one (1) eligible Entry.
5. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person (regardless of the method of entry). If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) Entry; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Your Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor) the Entry Form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, illegible or incompatible Entries (all of which are void).
6. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred [and is not convertible to cash] Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
7. On October 2, 2017 at approximately 10:00am ET, a random draw for the Prize will take place in Toronto, Ontario, from among all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The first Entry drawn will be deemed the potential Prize winner for the Jamieson Vitamins gift basket; the next Entry drawn will be deemed the potential Prize winner for the Fitbit Alta HR; the next Entry drawn will be deemed the potential Prize Winner for the KitchenAid® 10 Piece Tri-Ply Copper Cookware set, Model # KC2PS10CP. The odds of winning the Prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The Contest Sponsor, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential Prize winner to notify him/her that he or she may have won the Prize by telephone and/or e-mail within five (5) business days after the draw. In the event that the potential winners cannot be contacted within such time, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared the winner, the potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by the Contest Sponsor. Before being awarded the Prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, voice and other likeness, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof. If the potential Prize winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant).
8. By entering this Contest each entrant automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of Entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
9. All Entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries and/or entrants.
ANYONE DEEMED BY THE CONTEST SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE CONTEST SPONSOR AT ANY TIME. The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the Website during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the Entry to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry in question. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law. The Sponsor reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
11. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Entry Form, Website, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
12. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.