Carrot Potato Pancakes
By EatRightOntario on
Carrots provide an interesting variation to this traditional favourite. These pancakes are excellent as a crispy partner for roasted chicken, pork or fish. Serve with Dill Yogurt Sauce.
- 3 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 ½ cups potatoes, peeled and shredded
- ⅓ cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
Dill Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup plain regular or low fat yogurt
- ¼ cup regular or light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine carrot, potato, onion and beaten eggs until well combined. Sit in flour, parsley, dill, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spoon about 2 Tbsp. carrot mixture into pan; flatten slightly. Fry on both sides until golden brown’ drain on paper towel. Keep warm in oven while preparing remainder, adding more oil as needed. Serve with Dill Yogurt Sauce.
- Dill Yogurt Sauce: In small bowl, stir together yogurt, mayonnaise, dill and lemon juice; cover and refrigerate until serving.
Recipe and photo courtesy of EatRightOntario.