Date and Oatmeal Pancakes
By EatRightOntario on
Everyone likes to eat pancakes and the dates in this recipe not only make them healthy, they add a hint of sweetness everyone will love. Make them on the weekend for an easy breakfast throughout the week.
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup chopped pitted medjool dates
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ unit mashed ripe banana
- Grind oats in food processor until a fine, flour texture; place in a bowl. Whist in baking powder and baking soda Stir in dates’ set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together, egg, milk and stir in banana. Pour over oat mixture and stir until well moistened.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle and spray with cooking oil.
- Ladle out about ¼ cup of batter for each pancake; let cook until bubbles start to appear. Flip pancake and cook for another 1 minute or until golden. Repeat with remanding batter.
TIP: Stack pancakes with parchment paper in between layer and freeze for up to 2 weeks. When you have a craving for pancakes, just take out what you need and warm up in the microwave.
Recipe and photo courtesy of EatRightOntario.