Grab and Go Overnight Oatmeal
By Angel Luk on
This oatmeal is easy to make and can be prepared the night before for breakfast on the run.
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup oats
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional – fruit (dried, fresh or frozen), nuts, seeds, maple syrup or honey
- In a small bowl, mash the banana until almost smooth.
- Stir in the chia seeds and cinnamon until combined.
- Stir in the oats, milk and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or a minimum of 2 hours
In the morning, stir the oat mixture to combine. If your oatmeal has a runny consistency even after they soak, simply stir in an additional 1 tablespoon chia seeds and place the mixture back in the fridge until it has thickened up. If the oat mixture is too thick, simply add a splash of milk and stir to combine.
This is already a vegetarian recipe. To make this recipe vegan, substitute milk with plain soy milk.
You can visit Angel's site here.