Mini Mushroom Omelettes
By EatRightOntario on
This recipe makes 12 muffins, perfect for a family to enjoy for the week. Make these individual omelettes to take for breakfast on the run or tuck into for lunch. Easy to pick up and eat warm or cold.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (227 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1 diced onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 slices (100 g) chopped ham or turkey
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup shredded light old cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt & pepper
- In a non-stick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, onion and Italian seasoning for about 10 minutes or until golden. Stir in ham or turkey
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, salt and pepper.
- Divide mushroom and ham or turkey mixture among 12 lightly sprayed muffins tins. Ladle egg mixture into muffin tins. Sprinkle each with some of the cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350°F (180°c) oven for about 20 minutes or until golden and knife inserted in centre comes out clean.
TIP: Try cooking up zucchini or peppers with the mushrooms to change up your omelette flavour.
Recipe and photo courtesy of EatRightOntario.