No Bake Chocolate Almond Bliss Bars
By EatRightOntario on
The natural sweetness of dates makes these bliss bars extra tasty. You’ll get a protein punch with the nuts and seeds to keep you going.
- ¾ cup large flake oats
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 ½ cups pitted medjool dates
- ½ cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a food processor, pulse together oats, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts and sunflower seeds until fine and crumbly.
- Add dates, nut butter, cocoa powder and vanilla and process until mixture forms into a ball.
- Press mixture for a least 1 hour before cutting into bars to serve
TIP: Place in the freezer for about 2 hours for a chewy textured bar. You can also make these into bite size balls. Use 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of the mixture to roll into balls, the kids will love helping out with these!
Recipe and photo courtesy of EatRightOntario.