Roasted broccoli and cauliflower crustless quiche
By Sugar Free Team on
This satisfying veggie pie screams “comfort food” for the cooler fall and winter months. Good for breakfast, lunch or dinner, this savory quiche is packed with veggies, protein, and flavour!
- 3 cups
- Chopped broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 2 tsp Chopped Fresh Thyme Leaves, diced
- 1/2 tsp Salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper, divided
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Shredded Gruyere or old cheese
- In a bowl, toss together broccoli, cauliflower, oil, garlic, 1 tsp (5 mL) of the thyme and half each of the salt and pepper. Spread onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast in preheated 400 F (200 C) oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, flour and remaining thyme, salt and pepper.
- Spread roasted vegetables into bottom of sprayed 9 inch (23 cm) pie plate. Pour egg mixture over top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in preheated 375 F (190 C) oven for about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean.
Recipe courtesy of Half Your Plate, a healthy living initiative that empowers Canadians of all ages to eat more fruits and vegetables