Vegan Tofu Frittata
By Amanda Li on
Finally a quick make-ahead high protein vegan breakfast recipe!
- 350g extra firm tofu
- ¾ cup unsweetened plain soy milk
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped leafy green (swiss chard, spinach, kale, bok choy)
- ¼ cup green onions, finely chopped (or onion)
- ½ cup sweet frozen corn
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp baking powder
- to taste sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Combine the tofu, soymilk, turmeric and garlic in a blender, and puree until smooth, adding a touch bit more soy milk if necessary. Transfer the tofu mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a muffin tray with silicone liners. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the oil, onions, leafy greens and corn. Season with salt, pepper, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in the nutritional yeast.
- Pour the cooked vegetables into the bowl with the tofu, add baking powder and stir until combined. Divide the tofu mixture among the 12 cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly puffy and lightly browned.
Leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container for 3 days in the fridge or frozen for up to 3 months.
You can visit Amanda's website here.